2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
1 tsp each of sea salt and ground black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 oz butter
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Prepare chicken by splitting breasts in half, then flattened with a kitchen mallet into thin quick cooking pieces.
2. Mix salt and pepper with flour, then flour chicken and shake off excess.
3. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 oz of butter with 1 oz of olive oil.
4. Place two pieces of the floured chicken into the heated liquid and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove and transfer to a holding plate. Repeat for remaining chicken.
5. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, and capers into the skillet and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan for extra flavor. If you required adjust sauce for seasoning.
6. Place all chicken back into the skillet and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
For plating, put one piece of chicken on a plate, or place all chicken on to a large platter.
7. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk briskly. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.