Michelle Obama Lip Readers

There’s something pretty despicable going on right now in much of the right-wing blogosphere. A video of Michelle Obama taken during the 9/11 memorial flag service is being propagated throughout the blogs. In the video, Mrs. Obama leans towards her husband and says something while an American flag is ceremoniously folded.  The video has no audible recording of what Mrs. Obama actually says to her husband, nor has anyone asked Mrs. Obama what she said during a private comment with her husband. However, that does not stop unfair and damaging speculation by many so-called conservative blogs and their readers. Suddenly it seems, everybody is a skilled lip reader or knows someone who reads lips for a living. Look at her smirk, look at the way she shakes her head, read her lips they cry – “She hates the flag. She hates America!”

The beauty for these haters is that they can claim she says whatever they wish her to say. Doesn’t matter if she said it, the damage gets done all the same. No one, other than her husband and she knows what she actually said, and as I far as I know, they haven’t told us, but that doesn’t stop these so-called “conservatives” from putting the words right in her mouth.

Not only that, but LipGate seems to have opened the door even wider for sexist and racist comments to flow right along with the unfair speculation. You think I exaggerate? Take a look around. The racism and sexism that Michelle Obama has been subjected to by some popular so-called conservative blogs is not hard to find and easily rivals the sexism to which Sarah Palin was subjected. In fact, even the normally top-notch American Thinker has posted the video in question with suggestions for the viewer to guess at what she is saying. I say disgusting and unfair.

These types of attacks do not help the conservative movement and can only hurt it. It is fair to castigate Michelle Obama for comments she actually made or policies she actually endorses, but to malign her for conservative wishful thinking reeks and I want no part of it. Don’t get me wrong, I could probably vote for almost anyone other than Obama in 2012, but I also believe in fairness and honesty. And honestly, this stinks.

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Michelle Obama Lip Readers

1. disa says:

” The racism and sexism that Michelle Obama has been subjected to”

I seem to recall the gloating left having fun with “Laura Bush ran over and killed her boyfriend” among other ravings. Barack Obama doesn’t have the class to take the abuse that Bush took (along with his wife).

Why is “racism” worse than other kinds of sickening hatred and lies?

2. PennyThawtz says:

disa, I despise what they did to Laura Bush, too. Conservatives have complained for years about what the left has unfairly done to W, Laura, and Palin. So how is this now acceptable? Racism is not worse than other hatred and lies. But it is hatred and lies, and that is wrong. If you are a conservative, you should know that it is wrong.

3. PennyThawtz says:

@anon – I don’t wish she was saying anything. But apparently you do and it doesn’t matter to you if it’s true or not. That’s my point.

4. David says:

lol you silly marxist get riled up over everything…. I guess i’d be ultra sensitive too if I knew I was sailing into a massive electoral defeat of epic proportions… did you catch that race in NY last night???? LMAO

5. PennyThawtz says:

Marxist? lol! Read the rest of the blog, David! In fact, bookmark it! ;^)

6. LaurieTX says:

What is interesting to me is that IF she did say it, it IS believable because of the “marxist” things she has said before. She learned well at the feet of Jeremiah Wright.

7. MadMax8600 says:

I read it. The argument is “you didn’t hear her say it so it could’ve been something else”. Of course neither Michele nor anybody else from the White House has provided any alternative to what she said. However, the reality is that what she said is not what’s really important it’s her history and actions that are important. Her actions and comments have made it extremely plausible that she did say “all this for a Flag” and her body language, rolling her eyes and shaking her head, show that whatever she said it was done in a negative manner. Maybe there was no audio but there was audio when she said, “For the first time in my life, I’m proud of this country”. And that’s the problem for the liberals and Obama. People believe she could’ve said this. Whether you’re liberal or not, could you see Hillary turn to Bill and say, “All this for a Flag” with the same disdain? I’m no fan of Hillary but I wouldn’t have believed it. Would anyone have believed Barbara, Nancy, Jacklyn or any other President’s wife would’ve said something so Anti-American? Ask yourself Penny, are you 100% certain she didn’t say this? Would you swear on your children’s, mother’s or whatever is dear to you life that Michele didn’t say this? Most Americans, even liberals couldn’t.

8. PennyThawtz says:

Mad Max, you should ask the people who say she said it if they are 100% certain she said it. Otherwise they shouldn’t accuse her of saying it. It makes us look as bad a the left.