Grilled Flank Steak
2-3 Lb flank steak
3 Tbls fresh ginger, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 oz soy sauce
2 Tbls sesame oil
3 Tbls rice vinegar
3 Tbls dark brown sugar
4 scallions, thin sliced
1 Tbls toasted sesame seed, garnish
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Whisk together ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and dark brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Pour marinade into a large Ziploc plastic bag and add the flank steak. Place bag in refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours turning the bag every hour.
3. Remove flank steak from the bag (saving marinade) and cook under broiler or on a grill for 3-4 minutes for medium-rare and 5 minutes for medium.
4. As steak is cooking, pour remaining marinade in small sauce pan and reduce by half.
5. Remove flank steak from heat and let rest for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing.
6. Pour reduced marinade over sliced flank steak and then sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and sliced scallions.