Turkey Tetrazzini With Cheddar and Parmesan
Recipe created by 3-Every-Day™ of Dairy
Makes 6 servings (1½ cup per serving)
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 60 to 65 minutes
- 4 cups (12 ounces) whole wheat ziti or penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups lowfat milk
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine (or additional chicken broth)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 cups diced, cooked turkey breast (1/2 inch dice)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup shredded, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a shallow two- to three-quart baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, chicken broth, wine and pepper (optional); bring mixture to a boil. Stir in mushrooms, reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and mushrooms are softened.
Stir Parmesan cheese, pasta, turkey and peas into the milk mixture; spoon into prepared dish. Top with Cheddar cheese and cover loosely with foil. Bake about 45 minutes or until bubbling at edges and heated through.
Note: Pasta is 4 cups dry/8 cups cooked
Click here for Nutrition Facts