4 oz Olive Oil
1 oz lemon juice
1 tsp Salt & Pepper Mix
1/4 cup Shallots –Chopped
1 tsp Thyme,Dried
4 each Chicken Breast
1 tsp Garlic –Minced
1/2 tsp Oregano – Dried
1. Combine all ingredients for the marinade.
2. Trim and pound chicken breast then pour marinated over chicken and allow to marinate for 12 – 24 hours.
3. Allow excess marinade to drain before cooking.
4. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165° F.]]>
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
1 tsp each of sea salt and ground black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 oz butter
2 oz extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Prepare chicken by splitting breasts in half, then flattened with a kitchen mallet into thin quick cooking pieces.
2. Mix salt and pepper with flour, dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
3. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 oz of butter with 1 oz of olive oil.
4. Place two pieces of the floured chicken into the heated liquid and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove and transfer to a holding plate.
5. Repeat above step for remaining 2 pieces of chicken.
6. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, and capers into the skillet and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan for extra flavor. Check sauce for seasoning and adjust as you require.
7. Place all chicken back into the skillet and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
For plating, put one piece of chicken on a plate, or place all chicken on to a large platter.
8. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk briskly. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.